When it comes to upholding your home’s curb appeal or augmenting your business’s aesthetic charm, it’s important to take diligent note of your driveways, walkways, parking lots, and tarmacs throughout the year.
However, due to the fact that these modernised paving provisions can last a few decades without requiring any arduous repairs or refurbishments, even the most prudent homeowners and business owners usually fail to give their onsite asphalt solutions the attention that they need and deserve, effectively underscoring the proverbial “out of sight, out of mind” concept.
So, regardless of whether you find yourself in need of driveway resin in Harlow or a full-blown parking lot project in Essex, feel free to use this brief article as an introductory guide to understanding the ins and outs of today’s paving provisions.
Why Does My Pavement Look Shoddy?
Even if you take the time to sweep, powerwash, and patch your asphalt solution on a consistent basis, you won’t be able to avoid Father Time or Mother Nature:
- The Sun: We’re all well aware of the harmful health effects associated with prolonged UV exposure but did you know that the sun’s hazardous rays are also the prime cause of asphalt degradation as well? Those insidious UV rays are able to penetrate your asphalt’s aggregates and binding agents, which eventually leads to the development of cracks, fissures, and potholes.
- Oxidation: From the very moment that your tarmac or asphalt is laid down, the process of oxidation begins, effectively changing its chemical makeup and altering the complex molecular bonds. This causes the asphalt to become more brittle and lose its jet-black sheen with the passage of time, especially when combined with the sun’s destructive UV rays.
- Incessant Weight Strain: The unremitting downward force of weighty cars, trucks, and other vehicles weakens your asphalt’s structural integrity over the years; that’s without mentioning the continuous oil spills, gas stains, and tire marks that come in tow.
Contracting a Reputable Paving Specialist
If your asphalt has reached the point of no return when menial patchwork simply can’t get the job done, the onus is on you to find a reputable paving firm in your vicinity to handle the forthcoming work. However, if affordability, reliability, and professionalism are your primary concerns, you’ll want to look out for the following aspects during your research:
- Comprehensive Suite of Services: The company should be able to handle general sealcoating, tarmac work, block paving solutions, gravel driveways, bonded resin operations, and a host of other residential and commercial services.
- Company History: Don’t struggle with novice firms and unskilled contractors; make sure that every company on your shortlist has been in the business for at least two decades.
- No Sales Pressure: If you visit the website of a reputable paving firm, you should be greeted with an intuitive and easily accessible enquiry process. The resulting quotes should be tailor-made to your specific situation and they should be completely free of charge as well. This will allow you to scrutinise and evaluate multiple firms without having to tear a hole through your wallet along the way.
Even if your on-site paving solutions look okay today, it’s still in your best interest to highlight the most renowned asphalt companies in your vicinity because, after all, ignorance is not bliss when it comes to avoiding exorbitant repair costs down the road. As such, you’ll be best served by having the contact information of a versatile firm on hand when the inevitable occurs.